Pages

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Narrative!

Every time I hear a noise, something unusual happens



Sweat of fear dripping down from my forehead and down to my lips. The horrifying noises that keep repeating in my head was giving me a migraine. “What’s that?” I asked my mum. She came walking swiftly to where I was and said “what do you mean?”. I then replied with “that noise, the one that keeps repeating over and over again, I can’t be the only one”. She stopped instantly and started to burst out with a laugh. She then said “your funny”. My heart stopped at that moment, and my mind was as empty as my thoughts. I started to think. Am I over exaggerating or is all of this true?


Walking down the empty and quiet corridors at school, my head was in pain as well as my ears. All I could hear was the sound of old church bells ringing and the sounds of people screaming. Every time I thought about the noise, the more it became louder and it kept on coming back. I desperately wanted it to stop! It was like I wanted to blow my head off every time I heard it. The teacher kept talking but all I seemed to do was stare out into the distance thinking about the noises. I started to hang out alone, and I kept thinking I was a maniac.


My friends that I use to hang out with came up to me and asked “Are you okay?” but instead I ignored them and sat there looking out the window with my hoodie over my head. “Can you hear that?” I asked. Their faces were clueless and they replied with “hear what?”. I looked at them and said “the noises, like the noise of a church bell ringing and the sounds of people screaming?”. They looked at me with a glimpse and they almost looked frightened, so they walked off quickly without a word.


Looking down at the concrete floor, as I was walking home the noises then stopped. They started getting quieter and quieter every time my feet touched the ground. I started to pull a smile as I ran quickly back home. My pale brown hands reached over to the door knob while I zoomed through the doors. I walked into the kitchen and all I heard was “on today’s news an innocent young girl, hanged herself on a church bell, her whole family was tragic after her loss and as you can see people are out here screaming and crying”. I walked slowly into the living room and turned off the TV. I then fell to the ground and the silence then hit my mind. Not a gust of wind was heard, and my heart then broke into pieces. I was afraid of myself and every time I heard different noises something unusual always happened.


I began to take medicines to help get rid of the noises and to rebuild myself. It took me a while to get rid of the noises, but it was worth the wait. Some people were afraid of me but they gained my trust back. I stopped thinking about the noises and I finally heard the noises of birds chirping and the breeze flowing past me.

No comments:

Post a Comment